If you love Christian Fiction, you are in the right place. You will find book reviews, author interviews, and commentaries, on a variety of Christian Fiction. The information here will be presented in an easy to follow and easy to read format, that will allow you to get to what you're interested in quickly. Our goal is to get you plugged in to the stories your interested in, and to help you discover new stories in a way that is both entertaining, and engaging.

Enjoy your stay, and God bless you for sharing your time with us.

End of March Giveaway: Second Time Around

Friday, March 16, 2012

| | |

Second Time Around by Joann Durgin


WIN A PAPERBACK COPY BY LEAVING A COMMENT FOR JOANN AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.


WE'RE GIVING AWAY 2 COPIES


THIS CONTEST ENDS MARCH 30

God’s Time is the Right Time

Marc Thompson is on top of the world—a newlywed with a beautiful wife, the owner of a thriving Boston sports advertising agency, and a century-old home they’re renovating in the suburbs. Then the unthinkable happens. Two months after the wedding, Marc sits in a hospital emergency waiting room after Natalie suffers a horrible fall. One shock follows another. Not only does his wife remember nothing of their life together, but now he has a personal timeline to reconnect with her—seven months.

Marc’s gold wedding band mocks him, a glaring reminder of a promise broken by a rotting basement stair and his own negligence. His renowned psychologist advises him to court his wife again—a daunting task the first time around. Then Marc's pastor suggests he call Sam and Lexa Lewis of TeamWork Missions, a ministry dear to Natalie's heart. Determined to help her reclaim her life, the young groom makes great strides until a ghost from the past surfaces, opening fresh wounds and threatening to destroy it all.

With Natalie’s trust shattered and Marc’s faith wavering, they head to Milestone Ranch outside Helena, Montana, with TeamWork for a two-week work camp. But instead of romancing his wife in the freezing November temperatures with warm fires and shared sweet moments, he’s out in the cold and back at square one. Even if Natalie recovers her lost memories, will she forgive him? If not, can Marc come to terms with his deepest fear—the failure of his marriage?

You’ll root for Marc and Natalie as they fight against the odds and discover that surrendering all at the throne of grace doesn’t mean failure. It’s simply called faith. And it might be the only way to finding their way back to one another . . . the second time around.

23 comments:

Wendy Newcomb said...

I would love to have this book, I love the real life story behind it.

wfnren(at)aol(dot)com
wrensthoughts.blogspot.com

Ellen Schumaker said...

The synopsis certainly makes me want to read your entire story! Receiving this book would be a treat!

leeswa said...

Enjoyed the movie and would love to have the book!

Heart2Heart said...

Sounds like an amazing book and not only one I would LOVE to read but to be able to pass along to my friends who share my love of reading with me!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Linda said...

Every troubled marriage needs a Second Chance. Please enter me for your book.

desertrose5713 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I have been married to my second time around for almost 33yrs. & I am truly blessed. Thank GOD for second chances even when we don't deserve them.
Betty

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

lovely cover captivates right off the top -
then reading the storyline draws the reader right along with real life... well done!
congrats Joann!
{email's at my blog}

Bethany said...

Looks like a really interesting story! Never read this author, but would love to read this one.

Hutt-Write Voice said...

Beautiful Blog! Would love to read this book! Email address at my blog.

CFBR said...

Leave an e-mail address, or drop us a line at christianfiction @ gmail . com (take out the spaces), if you want us to be able to contact you if you win.

Regards,
CFBR

Jackie Layton said...

I love the sound of this story. I noticed you travel from Boston to Montana and wonder if the geographical distance relates to the emotional distance they'll travel together.
Sounds interesting.
Please enter me. thanks!
Jackie
joyfuljel((at))gmail(*dot*)com

Unknown said...

This sounds like it would be a great book to win. Everyone marriage needs a second chance. I myself have had a second chance and I am so glad that the Lord opened the door for us.

Sherree
schmitlin@elmore.rr.com

squiresj said...

This sounds delightful. Enter me to win. If I win, I will also review it.
I thank God my daughter got a second chance - although hers was a second winning. My grandson is the delight of my life.
jrs362 at hotmail dot com

lorlyn63 said...

I liked what I read above about what this book is about and would love a chance to read it - we all could use second chances in life! Thank you for the opportunity to win a copy of this book. My email address: triplel(at)evertek(dot)com.

God Bless,
Lori

Sue Bell said...

Would love to read this book, I could do with a 2nd chance myself

Anonymous said...

It sounds like an interesting story getting to the second chance. Letting God do his work.

Anonymous said...

I just left a comment without an email address. I thought you did it afterwards, oops.
kathleenbianchi@ymail.com

Anonymous said...

It's a movie? I didn't know that.
I would love to read this book,Joann! It sounds really cool!
Thanks for the chance to participate!
Michaela Von Trapp
mmvontrapp@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Have never read this author, but this story sounds very heart moving... would love to win a copy, and would certainly pass this along to family and friends. Thank you. Kay C.

Sarah D. said...

Sounds alot like the new movie The Vow. I want to see that and now I want to read this book. Knowing it is based in faith, makes it all the more appealing to me. I hope to win. Thank you for the opportunity.
-Sarah Dierflinger
dierflinger@gmail.com

squiresj said...

I would love to win this. If I do, you also get a review of it. God bless. You are an author I would like to get to know.
jrs362 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Was the winner announced yet? I probably missed it! :)

JoAnn Durgin said...

Sorry I'm late to the game everyone, but thanks so much for your great comments! As a clarification, my book is very loosely based on the same real-life couple upon which the recent popular movie, The Vow, was based. Second Time Around is pure fiction, however, and the second in my Lewis Legacy Series. The real-life couple said it was their faith that kept them together whereas Hollywood (not surprisingly) took out all of the spiritual components. This book shows how we need to depend on the Lord and give Him full control of our lives in order to find that perfect peace in our hearts. Many blessings to you all, and I hope you all get a chance to read the book (and could be the winner here, too!)

Post a Comment

We are excited to receive your comment. The moderator will review it, and post it in the order it is processed. God bless!