If you love Christian Fiction, you are in the right place. You will find book reviews, author interviews, and commentaries, on a variety of Christian Fiction. The information here will be presented in an easy to follow and easy to read format, that will allow you to get to what you're interested in quickly. Our goal is to get you plugged in to the stories your interested in, and to help you discover new stories in a way that is both entertaining, and engaging.

Enjoy your stay, and God bless you for sharing your time with us.

Joann Durgin: Romance

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

| | |
Awakening by Joann Durgin
Review by Judy Burgi


JoAnn Durgin's first published novel was a delight to read. This is a wonderful love story between TeamWork Missions director Sam Lewis and Lexa Clarke a TeamWork Missions volunteer. Lexa has signed up for 8 weeks of mission work in San Antonio, Texas. Little does she know what she is in for. Her desire is to put some meaning into her life by helping out others. She feels something is missing in her life but doesn't quite know what she is searching for. There are times when she wonders what she is doing in a place like this and feels out of place. Everyone on the team seems to be strong Christians. She hasn't been close to God in ages.

This book is full of twists and surprises. I loved the fact that the author's focus is centered on God and trust. Lexa manages to get herself in hot water many times throughout this book. As she learns to turn her life over to God she finds that she is truly a witness for Him and no longer feels she has nothing to contribute to TeamWork. God uses her in a mighty way.

Of course you can't help but want to see Sam and Lexa together. They butt heads a lot. Just maybe a relationship between the two of them isn't God's will in their life. Will they go their separate ways for good or will they end up together? My lips are sealed!

I must not forget the emotional ride of this book. There is of course the romance that is a great adventure in itself. I laughed, I worried, I cried, and I was cheering for Sam and Lexa right up to the end. It is one of those reads you can't put down.

This was a thought provoking book for me. Oh I loved the romance part but I loved how God shows His hand in the lives of the characters. I reflected on my own life. I asked myself several questions. Am I seeking God's will for my life or am I trying to be in control? Am I the person God intended for me to be? Would I be willing to go to a mission field if God was calling me to go?

I highly recommend this book. I can't wait to read book two of The Lewis Legacy Series, "Second Time Around." Thanks to the author for a wonderful read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are excited to receive your comment. The moderator will review it, and post it in the order it is processed. God bless!